Sesqui™ is produced as brilliant white translucent crystals. It is stable, non-caking, dust-free, free-flowing, and easy to handle. Sesqui is a unique brand of alkali that is perfect for a variety of household product and industrial uses such as; bath salts, mild industrial and specialty cleaners, swimming pool pH balancers, laundry detergents and water softeners.
Sesqui is popular in these varied uses because it offers a combination of product benefits of both soda ash and sodium bicarbonate. Benefits such as; free-flowing and dust-free, excellent buffering capacity, dissolves rapidly and completely in water, superior water softening properties, mild yet effective alkali cleaner and a silky smooth hand feel.
Physical mixtures of sodium carbonate (soda ash) and sodium bicarbonate can be made that approximate the chemical composition of Sesqui; however, Sesqui is superior to these mixtures because of these advantages:
1. A single particle size that maintains uniformity and eliminates the possibility of separation.
2. Free-flowing, dustless crystals with average pH of 9.9.
3. An appealing luster that mixtures of soda ash and sodium bicarbonate cannot match.
4. No formation of decahydrate and/or monohydrate when Sesqui is combined with water.
5. Inventory of only one product instead of two.